"Watch your head on the way out."

I knew a day in advance about this two day trip.  Thursday I was so be at the airport at 3:55 pm.  I get a phone call at 7:25 am and they give me an earlier round trip to Bismark. I had so much stuff planned that i had to do Thursday morning! Like pack for the cabin, go grocery shopping, work out ( even though I would have died cause my body is rejecting me.) 
 So I did the Bismark turn on the CRJ-200, it was fine I guess, pretty bumpy in the air coming back to mpls.  Then I sat in the airport for two hours waiting for my next turn to Rochester, MN.  The flight got downgraded from the 200 to the Saab.  I like flying on the Saab, but the only thing that bugs me is I have to tell every single passenger to watch their head on the way in and on the way out.  If I tell one person they duck, and you would think that the person behind them would hear so I skip them, and BAM they hit their head and IIIIIIII get the dirty look????  I can't tell you how many times I've hit my head, try having your headband dig into your scalp so bad you think your head is bleeding.
Coming back from Rochester we only had 9 passengers, and it's such a short flight I didn't have to do a service so I just sat in row one and looked at all the farms we flew over.  I really liked my pilots for this turn.  Richmond was the final flight for the day, I was back on the crj-200 for the flight, which means I had three different crews.  For some reason I was in a really good mood on this flight, you think I wouldn't be because I had already been working for 10 hours.  The flight was 1 hour and 56 minutes.  Both of my 200 flights were on the new Delta Connection planes we just got.  I like these ones better then the other 200's we have, the brake on the carts actually work!  The service took almost an hour, I wanted it to take as much time as possible otherwise i'd be stuck up front bored with everyone watching me.  I read for a half hour after that, I've started "Marshmallows for Breakfast."  I'm just getting into it so I'm not sure if I like it yet, I can say that its a lot better than "The Lovely Bones" though.
The called about 35 minutes before we were to land and told me to sit for the next half hour because were going over a thunderstorm.  I've never seen lightning while i've been in the air before and its breathtaking! I wanted to get out of my seat so bad so I could see more but I probably wouldn't be writing this right now if I did that.
Since I worked by myself all day I didn't take a picture of a flight attendant, and I left my camera at home so I didn't take a picture of the bedspread, but I've already shot this bedspread so it's not a big deal.  We are staying at the double tree hotel in richmond, super nice hotel.  We were given a warm cookie when we walked in!  I would have to say that this bed might be the most comfortable one I've slept in so far. It beats Harrisburg for sure, and that one was nice!
Today we fly out of Richmond at 12:30.  We go to Detroit so the flight won't be as along as Minneapolis.  From there we go straight to Moline, and sit there for TWO hours.  I'm going to search for a microwave so I can heat up my food, it will probably take up most of the time.  From Moline we go to Minneapolis and I am free for the weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment