3.07.2009

"How could you be so heartless.."

I'm finally getting trips on the 900 where I have another flight attendant with me woo!  Our flight to Hartford was scheduled out at 1:05p yesterday.  We get to the gate and it's delayed, weird.  I didn't want to stand there for 45 minutes so Nikki (other fa) and I go sit in the crew room.  The plane finally gets in.  The four of us are waiting away from door so we don't get trampled by passengers.  There is this one passenger, who is on our flight, standing by the desk.  Nikki and I were both looking at him and he opens his mouth and sticks his tongue out at us really weird and we both had to turn around because we didn't want him to see us laughing, then she turns around and tells me he is standing right next to us.  He starts talking to the pilot and we head up to the gate.  I did my first meal service in first class today!  It kinda sucked, I forgot about the rolls, so no one got those haha.  We had turkey florentine sandwiches and cobb salad.  There were two sandwiches left so we sat down after our service and ate them.  The flight was...two hours long I believe. The door assist button on the plane was broken, so I had to have the ground people help close the door.  If i was standing 4 inches closer the door would have knocked me out.  They just slammed it!  The flight back to Minneapolis was 3 hours and 7 minutes.  We got so bored it was insane.  I never realized how much people actually drink in first class when it's free.  I went through all of my beer, my red wine, and 5 bottles of white wine.  I don't know how many liquor mini's  I went through.  And people really like their sparkling water, I didn't know how popular it was.  We served Fiesta Chicken and Italian Rigatini for dinner.  This service went a bit smoother.  There were two Fiesta Chicken dinners left and we let the pilots have them cause they didn't look that good.  
By the time we got back to Minneapolis we were starving.  We weren't serving a meal on the way to Lansing so we just got snacks.  We both jumped for a twix bar and hid in the galley to eat it before we left.  It was so good.  We were still behind because of the delays from the day so we never did a pre departure service for first class.  There were only 30 some people on the flight to lansing so it made it pretty easy. Once we got to Lansing we decided that we were going to the bar.  After we got changed we all met in the lobby.  We were waiting for the first officer and the shuttle drive was whistling "heartless" by Kanye West. I was going to start singing the song with him but then he started talking to a worker.  5 minutes later we got in the van and I told him he got the song stuck in my head.  He just asked me what song?  I told him Heartless and he freaked out.  He told me he wasn't whistling the song 5 minutes ago but it was weird that i said that because he was thinking about it!  I fought with him the entire way to the bar, and he told me that I read minds.  No one else heard him whistling so they just made fun of me. I swear...he was whistling.
The driver said he would pick us up from the bar, but we decided to walk back, it actually wasn't that far from the hotel, I don't know why we didn't walk in the first place.  It was pretty nice outside, and now it's raining.  We have to deadhead to Detroit at 6pm tonight, then work the flight to Portland, Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment